Under broad supervision, designs, codes, tests, modifies & debugs computer software. Researches & analyzes program or systems problems & develops program documentation. Translates business requirements into development activities in secure & maintainable.
Under broad supervision, designs, codes, tests, modifies and debugs computer software for the Georgia Dept. of Transportation (GDOT). Researches and analyzes program or systems problems and develops program documentation. Translates business requirements into development activities in secure and maintainable code.
- Develops geoprocessing and GIS web services
- Develops GIS web editing/mapping applications
- Develops and configures ArcGIS Portal and ArcGIS Portal Apps such as Survey 123 and Collector
- Conducts performance, unit, system, integration, and quality assurance testing of applications
- Maintains existing applications/services
- Upgrades and migrates existing applications/services to current version/systems architecture
- Provides end user support and creates support documentation
- Works closely with other developers and architects
- Estimates work effort and proposes development solutions
- Assists in the integration of Esri Roads and Highways and Agile Assets
Work Terms and Conditions:
- Candidate will be working in the GDOT Office of IT Applications. Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units. The candidate will follow internal GDOT standards, and accepted best practices for developed solutions.
- The position end date is set for the end of the Georgia DOT fiscal year. Georgia DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one year increments. Several successful consultants have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, Georgia DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time.
- All candidates submitted for this or any other Job Posting must have active or be a . Proof of status must be provided for on-boarding.
- The Department has 12 holidays, which consultants are not allowed to work nor make up any time for those holiday weeks without management's approval.
During the extent of COVID-19, consultant is expected to telework from home and have suitable internet connection and environment to comply with GDOT telework policies. Upon the resumption of normal work operations, the consultant is expected to work on-site full-time at One Georgia Center, 600 West Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta GA 30308.Upon hiring and creation of user account, consultant is to pick-up ID badge and computing equipment at One Georgia Center work location at no travel expense to GDOT.
GDOT does not provide free parking at One Georgia Center. All routine commuting expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Consultant must have cell phone which can be used as a contact for business calls.
5+ years of experience in Programming/application development experience.
2+ years of experience in Esri WebApp Builder, PL/SQL, SQL.
2+ years of experience in Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Server 10x.
2+ years of experience in Esri ArcGIS Server services and GeoProcessing services development.
2+ years of experience in Esri ArcSDE/Oracle 12c versioned geodatabase development in multi-user environment.
1+ years of experience with ArcGIS Portal and Apps such as Survey 123 and Collector.
2+ years of experience in Python Scripting.
Experience with industry-standard technologies such as HTML, CSS, XML, Angular, XSLT, TLS, Git, HTML5, Dojo, Kendo UI, Dijit, etc.
Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, computer science, or a related field.
Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers.
Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
Ability to isolate/solve any number of problems from code bugs to database connectivity to application server or operating system failures.
Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
Knowledge of IT security concepts and implementation patterns within Esri technology.
Experience with Esri GeoEvent Processor.
Experience with Esri Roads and Highways or linear referencing systems.
iOS/Android development experience.
Experience with SafeSoftware Feature Manipulation Engine (FME).