Experienced IT Business Analysts needed for medium to large sized enterprise projects of moderate to high complexity and risk in a fast-paced, hybrid environment.
The State of Georgia has embarked on a multi-year initiative to modernize the existing environment to a more current and cost effective distributed environment. It will involve replacing existing legacy mission critical business applications with internally developed applications.
*Local Metro Atlanta Candidates*
*Work Onsite required*
This position is for a professional, experienced Business Analyst. Individual will work closely with functional Business Units and Information Technology teams to identify, evaluate, prioritize, design and implement technology-enabled business processes. This position actively engages in analyzing and documenting business requirements, documenting functional specifications, interpreting business needs to the technical team, coordinating and executing the systems and business acceptance testing. Under general supervision, analyzes customer business needs and participates in the planning, design and implementation of new or enhanced systems. Supports the user community in the use of functional business tools and support systems.
• Performs job responsibilities with general supervision
• Administers training for business users
• Analyzes information to determine nature and extent of customer requirements and concerns
• Assists in the development of standards and procedures used in development of new or enhancement of existing systems
• Consults with vendors or technical staff to insure that functionality of automated system is consistent with adherence to laws, regulations, and best practice standards by users
• Develops change management plans for transition to new or upgraded systems
• Documents business processes for users of new or upgraded system
• May serve as liaison between customers and technical staff in implementation and development of business process automation
• Provides customer support in the maintenance of systems
• Tests new installations or upgrades
• Gather, clarify, quantify and document business requirements; assist in defining project scope by conducting interviews, facilitate requirements workshops and customer focus groups and by visiting sites
• Translate business requirements into functional specifications
• Work closely with the IT technical team to translate functional specifications into technical specifications
• Work closely with Quality Assurance to develop test plans, test scripts and coordinate overall system testing activities
• Identify system and process integration opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness within the technologies and business processes
• Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure overall success
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or specialized training.
• Four years experience as a Business Analyst, interacting with business and technical associates to understand business requirements and impacts on development; ability to organize and facilitate working sessions to gather requirements
• Four years of structured software development lifecycle experience
• Proficient in Software Testing techniques and defect management.
• Proficient in MS Project, MS Office, and Visio, and HP Quality Center, and Quick Test Professional
• Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Must possess strong verbal and written skills, and have the ability to work effectively across teams and disciplines within the organization
• Excellent analytical, organizational, written/oral communication and computer skills;
• Experience managing process development and/or process improvement projects;
• Experience defining tasks and making estimates to complete deliverables;
• Experience developing and conducting stand-up education sessions;
• Experience with SharePoint 2013;
• Knowledgeable of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle;
• Able to adapt to changing priorities.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or specialized training.
Experience with structured software development lifecycle experience.
4+ years of experience with SharePoint 2013.
4+ years of experience in proficient in MS Project, MS Office, and Visio, and HP Quality Center, and Quick Test Professional.
Well developed communication skills - oral, written, listening; detail-oriented.