Provide technical leadership in supplying advanced level IT support services to units or on campus wide basis. Services provided involve conceptualizing, planning, designing and implementing complete and integrated information technology solutions.
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) seeks a Lead IT Systems Architect to provide technical leadership to install and deploy various applications to business units or on campus wide basis. Services provided involve conceptualizing, planning, designing and implementing complete and integrated information technology solutions that meet business needs and support long term goals. Use advanced IT architecture concepts to resolve highly complex issues. Impact & Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: user department managers and staff, IT management and professional staff, vendors and contractors. This position typically will advise and counsel: user department managers and staff, IT professional staff, vendors and contractors. This position will supervise: NA (work direction only). Key Responsibilities:
• Conduct analyses of highly complex departmental or campus wide business issues. Develop plans for
• Lead in the design and implement IT systems that address departmental and/or campus wide needs.
• Research and prototype emerging technologies; utilize where applicable in addressing campus IT needs.
• Promote use of campus information technology standards.
• May formulate strategies and administer policies, process and resources.
• Manage and direct efforts of technical teams formed to address specific IT issues.
• Maintain ongoing awareness of department or campus wide business needs and long term goals.
• Perform other related duties as assigned. Education, Specialized Knowledge and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Degrees preferred for this job: Master's Degree
Years of experience required for this job: Six to eight years job related experience Specialized Skills:
This job requires broad knowledge of IT systems management, infrastructure and architectural design and integration and related components and applications. Expertise is required in IT service delivery methodology and techniques, industry practices and campus policies and procedures.
Specialized skills required:
Database experience ( MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle)
Citizen of US is required.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field of study is required.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field of study is preferred.
6-8 years of job related experience is required.
3+ years of experience in Apache.
6+ years of experience in Database experience with MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle.
3+ years of experience in Puppet.
2+ years of experience in Jenkins.